SCWO celebrated the most wonderful time of the year, with the most wonderful people!
After a 2–year hiatus, SCWO held one of its most anticipated events – the SCWO Volunteer Appreciation Christmas Party on Saturday, 17th December. More than 30 volunteers, Board and Committee members, and staff gathered to celebrate the achievements of 2022 and come together for one last time before the year ends.
The party began with a warm welcome from our President, Ms Junie Foo, who thanked the volunteers for their hard work and dedication. She emphasised the vital role that volunteers play in SCWO and how their contributions have helped to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Guests engaged in fun games, songs, dance and a delicious Christmas Luncheon. Volunteers had the chance to win prizes by participating in games and a lucky draw. The highlight of the event was the presentation of long service awards to several of our volunteers, who have been with SCWO for many years. These individuals were recognised for their exceptional commitment to SCWO and the impact they have made on our community.
Nine volunteers were awarded for their contributions:
5 Years Long-Service Award
- Darly Furlong – New2U Monday team
- Bie Hoa Tan – New2U Tuesday team
- Cecilia Tsong – New2U Wednesday team
- Rachael Chan – New2U Thursday team
- Joyce Chua – New2U Thursday team
15 Years Long-Service Award
- Hsien Huei Duan – New2U Tuesday team
- Derri Ewin – New2U Thursday team
- Winnie Lim – New2U Thursday team
- Poh Yin Tan – New2U Thursday team
Three volunteers were awarded for “Most number of hours contributed in 2022”:
- Joon Lin Tan contributed more than 300 hours to the New2U Thrift Shop.
- Divya Iyer contributed more than 180 hours to The Lives of Women exhibition.
- Geyendri Govender contributed more than 100 hours to The Lives of Women exhibition.
As a charity organisation, SCWO relies on volunteers for the smooth functioning of many of our events and operations. While events like this give us an opportunity to express our gratitude, enough cannot be done or said to commend the ever giving and generous hearts of our volunteers.
We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all our volunteers who helped make 2022 a successful year for SCWO. Your hard work and dedication make a real difference in the lives of those we serve, and we are deeply grateful for all that you do. Thank you for being a part of the SCWO family.