TITLE: Senior /Manager, Research and International Relations
DEPARTMENT: Research and International Relations
REPORTS TO: DCEO
The Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations (SCWO) was established in 1980 as the National Coordinating body of women’s organisations in Singapore. SCWO has more than 50-member organisations, which represent over 500,000 women, and it serves to unite them to work toward ideals of ‘Equal Space, Equal Voice and Equal Worth’ for women in Singapore.
SCWO, with an IPC status, is looking to hire a Senior Manager with excellent analytical, verbal and writing skills to lead the research and advocacy work in SCWO.
The Research and International Relations Department develops timely research reports and presents findings to management and colleagues. The Department engages internal and external stakeholders to cultivate a culture of data-driven communications and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a detailed literature review on topics related to gender equality and empowerment that is of policy or practice significance
- Collect and organise opinions and data to explore issues and predict trends
- Maintain databases of local and international literature for evaluative analysis
- Study public opinion about gender issues, personalities, social issues etc
- Design and administer surveys
- Prepare Reports and Articles, Speeches on gender issues
- Work with alliances and other stakeholders on research and advocacy
- Support the management and working committees in international meetings and build relationships with international partners.
- University Graduate with a degree in Social Sciences/ Political Science/ Journalism
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in Research, Data Management, and Data Mining
- Deep interest in gender issues
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good command of English
- Meticulous, result-oriented, and team player
- Able to do multi-tasking and is resourceful
- Past work experiences related to advocacy and research on gender matters (preferred but not mandatory)
Singaporean and Permanent Residents only