Member Spotlight: Association of Administrative Professionals (SAAP)
The Singapore Association of Administrative Professionals (SAAP) (formerly “Singapore Association of Personal & Executive Secretaries”) was established in 1971 and its name changed in 2005 to reflect the evolution in the role of secretaries towards increased responsibility and authority in the key areas of administrative management.
To be the Professional Association committed to the development and enhancement of the status of the Administrative Professionals.
SAAP Important Milestones, Events and Participation
SAAP celebrates Administrative Professionals Week (formerly “Secretaries Week”) in April annually through social and educational events to recognize administrative professionals’ valuable contribution to the workplace.
SAAP participated in the 2011 video “We are 100” commissioned by SCWO to commemorate International Women’s Day Global Centenary.
SAAP is also a:
- Supporting organization of the Office Expo Asia since 2013;
- Supporting organization of the Executive Assistant of the Year Award Singapore (EA Award) organized by Page Personnel since 2014;
- Corporate Member and Strategic partner of Management Development Institute of Singapore since 2015; and
- NTUC U Associate UA partner since 2016.
Members’ Achievements in 2017
- Past President, Marlene Foo received the Healthcare Humanity Award 2017 Volunteers by the Courage Fund on 25 April 2017.
- Past Management Council Member, Ranjana Rajwani was among the top 10 Finalists of the EA Award 2017.
President, Josephine Kwan was featured in the NTUC Weekly issue of 19 March 2017 (page 7) on the evolving roles in the administrative industry.
- Anticipate and adapt the needs of Administrative Professionals to match technological advances of fast-changing organizations.
- Provide opportunities for professional development and networking occasions for member and non-member professionals to excel in their role.
- 5 December 2017, 7 pm to 9 pm – Talk on “Making First Impressions Count”
- 27 February 2018, 7 pm to 10 pm – Lo Hei Dinner
- 25 April 2018, 7 pm to 10:30 pm – Administrative Professionals Day Dinner
For more information, contact SAAP: