Member Spotlight: Italian Women’s Group Singapore (IWG)
“Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love” – Mother Teresa
Italian Women’s Group (IWG) is an association of women born in 1970. The number of members and the activities carried out have grown over the years.
Over the years, in addition to maintaining its main purpose, the IWG has evolved into a non-profit entity, legally recognised and open to women of all nationalities. Some of our members are not Italian citizens, but participate in the activities of the association to deepen their exposure to the Italian culture and their knowledge of the language.
IWG is recognised by the Italian Embassy and the Italian Chamber of Commerce.
We mainly have three missions:
- Welcoming Italian women moving to Singapore.
- Spreading Italian culture in Singapore.
- Charity within Singapore: every year we identify different charities that we support with volunteering activities and financially.
Activities in 2019:
- Last year the biggest project was the October month IWG GOES PINK to the Breast Cancer Foundation. We donated everything we earned that month.
- We actively volunteered at Gladiolus Place (Italian cooking class) and we also donated money.
- We also actively volunteered at Willing Heart and also donated money.
- We donated to Home and Habitat.
- We also supported Apics Italian Cultural Centre Singapore.
Every month, we organise Coffee morning, Italian Aperitivo and Italian Cooking Class for the helpers at Barilla Kitchen.
For more information, visit www.iwgsingapore.org
Follow us on Facebook: @italianwomensgroup and Instagram: @iwgsingapore