What We Do
Maintenance Support Central
The Maintenance Support Central (MSC) is a multi-service drop-in centre that provides support and assistance for clients who have difficulty in receiving spousal and/or child maintenance.
Through its services, MSC aims to empower clients with knowledge pertaining to their marital rights and provide them all-rounded support together with our community partners.
T: +65 6571 0185
As a partner of the Family Justice Courts, MSC is assisting clients with the filing of the following via iFAMS:
- Fresh Maintenance Application
Maintenance refers to a form of financial support from (ex) spouse. Fresh Maintenance Application can therefore be filed either for the women themselves and/or their child (ren) so that a fixed sum of maintenance is provided by the (ex) spouse every month.This application can benefit the following clients:
- Women whose husbands have neglected/refused to provide them or their children with reasonable maintenance
- Unwed mothers who do not receive reasonable child maintenance from the child’s father
- Muslim women whose Syariah court orders do not reflect child maintenance
MSC is able to assist you with:
- Filing of Fresh Maintenance Application for yourself and/or your child(ren)
- Completion of Expenses Form
- Enforcement of Maintenance Order
The Maintenance Order is a court order that states the amount of monthly maintenance that the women’s (ex)spouse is required to support her and/or their child(ren).If you have not been receiving maintenance, MSC is able to:
- Provide personal guidance when filing for an Enforcement of Maintenance Order
- Reduce one of your court attendances by using our video-link facility to correspond with the court
This service is not only extended to Singaporean women but all women residing in Singapore that require assistance.
As a partner of the DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau, MSC is assisting clients with the filing of the following:
- Credit Bureau Reporting
Applicants can also file for credit bureau reporting if they already hold a maintenance order that has not been upheld.How does this works?
- Arrears accumulated will be recorded in the credit report of the person who owes you maintenance.
- Their report would be available to more than 800 of DP SME Credit Bureauís partner companies e.g. banks, employers, insurance companies etc. that may conduct credit checks for various purposes
- Deterrence for future defaults in maintenance payments.
The fee of $53.50 is waived when done at MSC.
While MSC provides the above services to assist you in claiming maintenance, we also offer various means of support.
We provide a safe space and guidance for women to rebuild their lives and encourage them towards independence and confidence.
- MSC Presents – Family Law & You
We organize public education talks on a quarterly basis covering a range of topics related to Family Law. Our guest speakers are distinguished lawyers and professionals in their field, invited to share their knowledge on matters that concern you. Examples of our previous talks are listed below:
- Divorce Procedures and Processes
- Personal Protection Orders
- Wills, LPA and AMD… and moreYou may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be notified on our future talks.
- Legal Clinics – Free Legal Advice
MSC Legal Clinics are catered to clients with issues regarding Family Law. We work closely with the Singapore Association with Women Lawyers (SAWL) as well as the Law Society of Singaporeís Muslim Law Practice Committee to provide this service for you.
- Free consultation on divorce and marital issues
- Every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month, held after work hours
- Open to all women residing in Singapore
- Income cap criteria applies
Please contact 6571 0185 to register for both Civil Law (1st and 3rd Mondays) and Muslim Law (3rd Monday only) legal clinics.
Terms & Conditions:
- Our volunteer lawyers can only provide general guidance on your queries.
- Our volunteer lawyers cannot and will not represent or act on Applicantís behalf outside of the legal clinic.
- Each consultation is limited to 30 minutes.
- SCWO has the right to refuse, cancel or suspend our services to the Applicant at our sole discretion at any time.
- All cases are kept strictly confidential.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I bring?
- Your identification card and all documents relevant to your case.
- If you wish to communicate in another language other than English, we strongly recommend that you bring along someone who can interpret for you. The lawyers and staff at the clinic may not speak your language.
- Do I have to pay?
No, the legal clinic is free.
- Can I change my appointment?
Yes, but you must inform the SCWO office at least 3 working days in advance. If you miss the appointment, re-registration is at the discretion of our office.