1. In this document:
- “SCWO” refers to Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations and includes its Board Members, Committee Members, Volunteers and Employees.
- “User” refers to the applicant, registrant, donor and/or any third party.
2. There is a minimum donation/payment amount of SGD10 and all sums shall be in whole dollars (no cents).
3. Transactions must be made using the means specified by SCWO including, without limitation, type of credit card or bank.
4. All donations are non-refundable.
5. SCWO reserves the right at its sole discretion to deny or restrict access.
6. SCWO reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the site. Such right may be exercised without prior notice for reasons that may or may not be beyond SCWO’s control, including but not limited to internet, email, network, computer hardware and/or software malfunction, failure, damage or delay.
7. To the fullest extent permitted by law, SCWO does not warrant and disclaims any and all other warranties, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the site being uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that it is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
8. SCWO shall not be liable in any event to any user for failure of any service or any damage (including but not limited to special, consequential, or exemplary damages) or loss of any kind in connection with the use of the site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered (including any failure to receive any payments in connection with access to, use of, denial of access or restricted access to, modification, suspension and/or discontinuation of the site.
9. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, SCWO shall not be liable for any defect, default, deficiency or malfunction in any device, computer, internet service provider or telecommunication system or network, viruses or other malicious software or denial of service attacks that may affect the use of the site.
10. User agrees that use of SCWO is conditioned upon user’s waiver of any right to sue SCWO for damages or losses related to the use of the site.
PRIVACY & POLICY DISCLAIMER
The following sets out the terms and conditions applicable to SCWO’s collection and use of the User’s personal data via this website:
11. Information collected
SCWO collects information from the User when the User registers for an event with SCWO. When registering on the SCWO site, as appropriate, the User may be asked to enter name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number. SCWO does not collect/store credit card information.
12. Use of information
Any of the information collected may be used to process transactions, relating to registration and enrolment for SCWO events.
Personal information collected via the website will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without the User’s consent, other than the purposes related to the User’s registration for SCWO events.
13. Protecting information
A variety of security measures have been implemented to maintain the safety of your personal information (name, email address, mailing address, phone number) collected via this SCWO website.
Your credit information is not collected or stored by SCWO. All payment transactions are redirected to SCWO’s Payment Gateway Providers’ secured database which shall only be accessible to those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Cookies allow SCWO to recognise the User’s browser and to capture and remember certain information. The information stored on such cookies (which does not include credit information) shall be stored on SCWO’s secure server and used only to help SCWO remember and process the items in the User’s shopping cart when the User registers for SCWO events via this SCWO website.
15. Disclosure of information to third parties
SCWO does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties personal information except that access to personal information may be granted trusted third parties who assist in operating the SCWO website, conducting business, or servicing the User so long as those parties agree to keep supplied personal information confidential. SCWO may also release personal information when the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect SCWO or others’ rights, property, or safety. Personal information (other than information which specifically identifies the User) for purposes only of marketing and advertising SCWO and its events.
By providing personal information on this SCWO website, the User consent to and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.
Changes to any of these terms and conditions will be posted on this page. Such changes to these terms and conditions will not affect terms and conditions applicable to personal information at the time provided on this SCWO website.
19. Contact Details
If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions, the User may ontact SCWO at 96 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187967, at email@example.com or Tel: 65-6837-0611.
20. Cancellation & Refund Policies
Please refer to SCWO Website: Course Changes, Cancellation & Refund Policies for details relating to changes to registered events, event cancellations and SCWO’s refund policies. All requests for cancellations should be made known to the SCWO Office either by telephone: 65-6837-0611 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. No failure to exercise, nor any delay in exercising, on the part of SCWO, any right under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver thereof.
22. The headings in this Agreement are for ease of reference only and shall not be taken into consideration in the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
23. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Agreement without prejudice to all other provisions which shall remain enforceable.
24. The construction and interpretation of this Agreement shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Singapore. The user agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
25. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act <Cap 53B) to enforce any of its terms and conditions.
26. SCWO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the above terms and conditions from time to time. This Agreement may not be varied except in writing signed by a duly authorised officer or representative of SCWO.
27. Use and/or continued use of site constitute agreement by the User to be bound by the terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. If the User does not agree to these terms and conditions, the User should cease use of the SCWO Site.