What We Do
Seeds of Change
About the fund
Launched on 23 March 2019, “Seeds of Change” is a new fund to support women’s organisations to pilot or scale up women’s development programmes.
It is supported by the Ministry of Social and Family Development Office for Women’s Development (OWD) and administered by SCWO.
Who can apply?
The fund will be open to SCWO member organisations during the first year (April 2019 to March 2020).
SCWO welcomes applications for membership from any women’s organisation whose main concern and activities are with and for women.
The first funding year will commence from April 2019. $100,000 has been set aside for the first year.
The fund will be available for three years.
What projects qualify?
The themes of funding for the first funding year are:
- Invest in Self – Projects that impact women’s employment (e.g. women returning to work) and career advancement; or encourage training and career development
- Invest in Health – Projects that advocate or address health matters that impact women
Projects that the fund will not support:
- Projects put up by non-SCWO Members at the point of application
- Projects that have political or religious agenda or proselytise any particular faith;
- Advocate or lobby for lifestyles, or have content that risks being or is likely to be held as objectionable by the general public;
- Projects that are intended or likely to cause conflict or misunderstanding in Singapore’s multicultural and multi-religious society;
- Projects that undermine the authority or legitimacy of the government and public institutions, or threaten the nation’s security or stability.
- Profit-making projects
- Overseas projects
- Projects that are purely for fundraising
What costs are supported by this grant?
Project costs – activities, logistics, venue, marketing and publicity, production, material, and logistics costs, volunteer meal and transport costs
- Administrative and operating costs like manpower and other overheads that are incurred on an ongoing basis (internal costs)
- Capital expenditures and purchase of assets. For e.g. property
- Costs that have been incurred before the signing of fund agreement
Please read our application guidelines for more information.
How will our application be assessed?
Who will assess our application?
What other help do we get?
Apart from assessing the submissions, SCWO, NTUC-WAF and PA-WIN can help to guide organisations and provide access to value-added partnerships.
How much funding can we receive?
Successful projects would receive an in-principle grant approval of up to $20,000, or up to 90% of total allowable project deficit, whichever is lower. The grant would be disbursed on a reimbursement basis.
Projects of a larger scale and greater impact can be considered for higher funding support.
How will the funding be disbursed?
The first tranche (50%) will be distributed after the signing of grant agreement to kick-start project while the remaining funding will be dispensed in tranche(s) subject to fulfillment of criteria.
When can we apply?
Applications are open until 30 September 2019, 2359 hours.
How does the fund work?
Kindly read through the application guidelines provided before applying. Please submit completed form, along with necessary documents, via email to email@example.com; or by post to SCWO Centre, 96 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187967 (Attention to Seeds of Change).
All forms must be submitted to SCWO by the application closing date on 30 September 2019, 2359 hours.