What We Do
New2U Thrift Shop
ANNOUNCEMENT: The New2U physical store is open from Mondays – Fridays, 10:30am – 2:30pm.
NEW2U ONLINE SHOPPING: We are pleased to launch the New2U Online Shop.
In May 2000, the New2U Thrift Shop opened its doors. The Shop is managed entirely by volunteers, some of whom have been volunteering with New2U for many years. The shop sells pre-loved clothing, accessories, household items, ornaments, books and etc. All goods are donated, and prices start from as low as S$1.00. Proceeds from the store go towards the Star Shelter and the various SCWO Initiatives.
Mondays to Fridays, 10.30 am to 2.30 pm
Last Sunday of every month, 11 am to 2 pm
Weekly: Tuesday is Student ½ price day!
Monthly: All items (except books, jewellery, watches & toys) at ½ price on the last 2 working days of each month
- ½ price days are on all items except books, toys, jewellery and “No discount tags”
- There are no discounts on $1 dollar items
- Student ½ price day is extended to all students from registered school institutions locally and internationally
- All students must present their valid student identification cards for verification when making payment for purchase.
- The use of a valid student’s card to make payment for another person’s purchase is strictly NOT allowed
We welcome the following pre-loved items (in new or used condition):
- Clothes (men, women, and children)
- Books & Toys
- Bags & Accessories
- Crockery & Utensils
As part of the shop operation, we are in need of black retail hangers and clothes racks to help with our day to day business. For more details about donating these items, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
Due to space constraints, hygiene purposes and the lack of proper testing equipment, we do not take in the following items:
- Electronic items and electrical appliances
- Used towels
- Used undergarments
- Old cassettes and cassette tapes
- CDs, VCDs, DVDs or Blueray discs
- Golf sets
- Car seats
- Bulky exercise equipment
If you are interested to find out more or offer your help, please complete our Volunteer Application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you soon.