Returner Work Trial
Organised by NTUC Women and Family (WAF) Unit
Ease back to work after a career break.
The Returner Work Trial is a new scheme offered by NTUC U Family and NTUC’s e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) to facilitate the re-entry of economically inactive PMETs (“returners”) back to the workforce, by providing employment opportunities where:
- Employer can assess the returner’s fit for the job before offering permanent position or an employment contract of 12 months or above.
- Returners can plug gaps in their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and refresh the relevance of their skillsets and ease back into work.
Who Are Returners?
Returners are typically returning professionals who have voluntarily taken a career break to care for loved ones (e.g. children, ageing parents, ill relatives), focus on a personal health issue or other reasons, and now wish to return to the workforce.
Benefits for Returners
- Plug gaps in Curriculum Vitae and refresh the relevancy in current skillsets
- Assess job fit prior to formal employment
- Receive a minimum training allowance of $2,500 per month during work trial
- Singaporean aged 30 years and above
- Diploma/Degree or previously in a PMET role
- Has voluntarily stayed out of workforce for
- 2 years or longer
What is Covered
- Returner participates in work trial up to 6 months
- Returner receives structured on-the-job training from Employer during work trial
- Where suitable, the Employer may provide flexible work arrangements during work trial and/or upon permanent placement
- Where suitable, the Employer may offer permanent position or employment contract of 12 months and above after work trial
- Event Date:
- 1 September 2017 – 31 August 2019