All The World’s A Woman’s Stage: Legal Awareness for Women across Life’s Stages – Part 1
A Talk by Maintenance Support Central (MSC)
In the excitement of preparing for marriage or motherhood, we may often neglect to equip ourselves with the knowledge of our legal rights. Not of all us of have the resources to gather this information or let alone understand it. Join us in Part 1 of a series of talks catered to examine the legal aspects of each role a woman may take on in her life. In this part, we explore what we need to know before marriage, our rights as a wife and our rights as a mother.
- Getting married?
– Understanding pre-nuptial agreements, scope, benefits and enforceability
- Legal rights in a marriage
– Understanding legal rights: tax benefits, property rights and estate planning that comes with marriage e.g. joint tax filing, spouse relief, CPF nominations
– Understanding separation and divorce matters (child custody, maintenance)
- As a Mother
– Knowing your baby benefits such as baby bonus, health care coverage and fertility treatments
About the Speaker
Malathi Das is a specialist family lawyer with experience of more than 25 years. She is an Associate Mediator and Mediator on the Family Panel of the Singapore Mediation Centre. She is also a Child Representative appointed by the Family Justice Courts in high conflict child custody disputes both in the High Court Family Division and in the Family Justice Courts and also trained as a Parenting Co-ordinator. She practises with Joyce A Tan & Partners LLC.
- Event Date:
- Wednesday, 25 July 2018
- Event Time:
- 7pm to 8.30pm (Registration starts at 6.30pm)
- Training Rooms 2 & 3, SCWO Centre, 96 Waterloo Street, Singapore 187967
- $5 (to be paid on event day) Light Refreshments will be served.
- Contact Person:
- Sarah at 6571-0184