The Logo represents our core values of social responsibility and service to the women in Singapore.
- The circle represents the embracement of women and the overall role of SCWO for all women’s organisations.
- The ‘O’ with 4 different colours, represent our diverse interests and operation objectives of the women’s organisations for which SCWO serves and represents.
- The symbol of the ‘O’ or interlocking circle represents unity and the need for us to work together to serve the different needs of women in Singapore.
The 3 purple bars depict SCWO’s work to advance the status of women –
- To serve as a national coordinating body for women’s organisations in Singapore and foster friendly relationships, goodwill and understanding amongst women’s organisations and women, irrespective of race, colour, or religion;
- To ensure justice to all women, protect and to further women’s welfare
- To educate, inform and advocate and serve as a resource centre for women’s issues in Singapore
The 3 alternate purple bars around the ‘O’ symbolises, power, strength and has long been a colour of the women’s movement.
The other 3 colour bands – yellow, green and blue depicts our different women’s groups:
- Arts, Sports, and Community Groups
- Professional, Business and Labour Women’s Groups
- Advocacy, Service and Network Groups